The following guidance is suggested bearing
in mind that we have some players who are aged
over 60 and some who are at risk for other
- Do not attend the club if you have been
in close contact with someone who has had
covid (even if you have been double jabbed).
- Do not attend if you have Covid or any
symptoms of Covid.
- Where practicable make sure the rooms
are well ventilated (we recognise in the
depths of winter this may not be possible).
- Avoid direct physical contact except an
elbow bump at distance (to replace the
- Wear a mask when attending the club (for
the protection of others).
- On entry sanitise your hands and between
different games (when playing a new player).
- Try to avoid congregating in confined
areas (eg the kitchen) and when not playing
do not stand close to others
- We would prefer if possible to only
attend if you have been double vaccinated
(unless you have a medical reason for not
We cannot make the above mandatory given the
current government guidance, but would ask you
to follow the guidance above in the interests of
the health of your fellow chess players.
- Alan Kennedy, 15